Holiday Crafts with YKRA Kids: Walnut Crescent Cookies
Walnut Crescent Cookies
It’s a pretty easy holiday cookie recipe that doesn’t require too many ingredients, and kids can help with the preparation.
- 300 g flour of your choice
- 200 g cold butter
- 100 g minced walnut or almond if you prefer
- 80 g icing sugar
- A pinch of salt
1. Mix the flour, the walnut, the sugar, the salt and the vanilla together in a bowl.
2. Work in the cold butter with gentle movements. Do not knead the dough for too long!
3. Put the dough into the fridge for 30-60 minutes.
4. Preheat the oven on 180 celsius
5. Take the dough out from the fridge and divide it into smaller parts. Tear off small pieces, knead a bit and shape it to a crescent.
6. Put the crescents on a baking tray, put it into the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes.
7. Take off from the oven and wait for them to cool down a bit, then temper them in icing sugar.