Holiday Crafts with YKRA KIDS: Orange & Clove Candle Holder
We continue last year’s DIY ideas! We have collected creative activities that you can do while spending some quality time together with your family and loved ones during the holiday season!
Orange & Clove Candle Holder
You might be familiar with the orange & clove pomander balls. We wanted to make something that gives a similar holiday feeling, but in a more sustainable way, as you can eat the orange :)
- Orange (small or medium size)
- Small candle
- Cutting board & Knife
- Halve the orange after you washed it carefully
- With a tablespoon, gently dig out the orange flesh (you won’t need it, so bon appétit!:)
- Now you have 2 orange peel domes. Cut a hole with a sharp knife in the centre of the bottom dome ((it can be star-shaped or any of your choice).
- With a toothpick, pierce the pattern on the orange peel domes. It’s easier to put the cloves into the peel if you pierce them before, especially for kids.
- Put the cloves in the tiny holes (it’s a great activity for the kids! :)
- And that’s it! Put a small candle inside the orange, light the candle, and enjoy the heartwarming scent of the orange and cloves.